Who We Are
Clark-Reliance® is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. Clark-Reliance is a family-owned company that strives to maintain an environment that nurtures employees. Clark-Reliance prides itself on the development of its employees and finds way to continue to grow every year.
What is an Electrical Engineering Technician?
An Electrical Engineering Technician will assemble mechanical parts of electrical equipment, PCB stacks, switches, terminal boards and plugging devices. Test actions of various moving parts. Calibrate and verify completed assembly against written instructions and pictorial drawings.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have two plus years’ experience setting-up and assembling PCB assemblies. Experience with other electrical assemblies, process instrumentation and instrumentation fieldbuses is preferred. The hours for the position are 7:00am-3:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assemble and wire intricate electrical instrumentation and be able to understand and evaluate graphic responses with special programming and an oscilloscope.
2. Assemble complete systems with complex and unique electromechanical units.
3. Troubleshoot printed circuit boards from schematics, equipment and control circuits.
4. Wire instrumentation circuits including displays, indicator lights, sensors, photo-eyes, solenoids, relays, etc.
5. Test and calibrate PCB assemblies.
6. Verify calibration and completed assembly against written instructions and pictorial drawing
7. Mechanical assembly.
8. Test actions of moving parts.
9. Assist with installation, start up and troubleshooting of equipment.
10. Understand paperwork procedures and understand ERP system.
11. Effectively perform material handling activities such as packing, receiving, picking, lifting, moving and using materials handling equipment when necessary. (such as: lift trucks, tow motors, cranes, high lifts, etc.)
12. Utilize small and large tools, hoists, dollies, and other devices when necessary.
13. Comply with all safety procedures in each area assigned, including but not limited to, wearing protective clothing, special handling of PCB’s, chemicals, special handling of products, safety/rescue equipment usage, etc.
14. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
15. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
16. Maintain quality assurance policy consistent with ISO standards.
17. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
18. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
19. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
• Technical degree or certificate (electronics or industrial controls) required or equivalent work experience. • Two plus years’ experience setting-up and assembling PCB assemblies required. • Experience with other electrical assemblies, process instrumentation and instrumentation fieldbuses is preferred. • Ability to use multi-channel oscilloscope to setup and measure analog signals in differential mode and measure time base of signal pairs. • Ability to troubleshoot simple control circuits. • Ability to use electrical and mechanical tools, including meters, buzz lights, wrenches, screwdrivers and drills. • Ability to solder and replace through hole and surface mount components. • Ability to utilize technical software tools to upload software and calibrate devices. • Advanced understanding of mathematics including geometry and trigonometry. • Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, ladder logic diagrams, and technical specifications. • Ability to handle non-routine, standard projects and tasks. • Ability to work cooperatively with others, taking directions from drawings or verbal instructions.
Physical and Technical Environment
• Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment or help from another employee. • Regularly required to walk or stand, bend or twist, climb, reach with hands or arms. • Clean and orderly manufacturing environment, some exposure to electrical and mechanical hazards. • Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. • Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards. • Must respond to changing requirements and working conditions.
Benefits and Perks
About Clark-Reliance Corporation®
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet
Electrical Engineering Technician